Frequently Asked Questions For SmudgeGuard®
- How does SmudgeGuard® work?
- SmudgeGuard® works the same way a smock or apron would. It is worn as a shield to protect the side of your hand and pinky from unwanted smudges. As an added benefit, SmudgeGuard® also eliminates the friction between your hand and the surface of your work so that your hand glides easily over paper and tablets.
- What is the difference between the SG1 (1-finger glove) and the SG2 (2-finger glove)?
- The only
difference between the SG1 and the SG2 is that SG1 covers the pinky while the
SG2 covers both the ring finger AND the pinky. You see, some people draw by
resting only their pinky on the tablet for support while others may rest BOTH
their ring finger AND the pinky finger. So, it is a personal preference. For instance,
if both your ring finger and pinky rests on the tablet or paper while drawing,
then you may consider buying the SG2. In this way, your ring finger won't smudge
the tablet. The SG2 will also provide more protection against friction and
allows your hand to glide easier.
- Is the SmudgeGuard® glove compatible with the iPad
for palm rejection? I see that it works for Wacom tablets, but does the glove
prevent palm rejection for the iPad? I'm hoping it will allow my hand to rest on the iPad while I'm drawing so
that I won't make unintentional inputs with my hand.
the SG gloves ARE NOT compatible with the older generations of iPads (For example, for
the iPad 1, 2 and 3).
HOWEVER, for the iPad Pro...some of our
customers who own the iPad Pro, wrote in and told us that the iPad Pro has a
built-in palm rejection feature now! :) So, they told us that
the SG glove helps their hand glide smoothly on the tablet! They also stated
that it keeps their iPad Pro tablet
free from smudges! :)
- Can the SmudgeGuard® glove be worn on either the right hand or the left hand?
- Yes, the SmudgeGuard® glove can be worn on either the right hand or the left hand.
- What does SmudgeGuard® feel like?
- SmudgeGuard® is made of Nylon and Spandex. The fabric is similar to swimwear and cycle wear that is soft, smooth and sleek. Nylon and Spandex
is used because it is tablet friendly (it WON'T scratch your tablets), it is durable, fits snug to your hand and glides over paper
or tablets easily when writing or drawing fast.
- How does SmudgeGuard® help prevent smudging on the paper?
- Sometimes, when a person writes, their hand will start to perspire. This makes the ink or graphite adhere to the moist skin causing smudges to appear. Then, the
perspiration from ones hand (with the smudges) will begin to re-smudge the paper.
The sweat will also slow down your writing or drawing because sweaty hands tend
to stick to paper. By wearing SmudgeGuard®, it keeps
the sweaty hand away from ink or graphite and it will allow your hand to glide over the paper
more easily. The outer fabric remains dry making it less likely to re-smudge the paper.
- How does SmudgeGuard® help Wacom users?
- Wacom users can use SmudgeGuard® as an accessory to eliminate hand friction.
The problem begins when the hand starts to sweat. Then, the sweaty hand starts to stick to the tablet making it difficult to move across the surface. By wearing this partial glove, the hand will glide
more easily. There will be no more sticking or rubbing against the tablet. No more friction! Drawing will be more accurate, enjoyable and efficient.
In addition, it keeps the surface of your expensive tablets cleaner! You
won't smudge the tablet screen with sweaty, greasy or oily hands
- If I do both pencil artwork AND use a Wacom
tablet, should I get 2 gloves for each method of drawing? Would I be getting graphite all over my pen/tablet
if I use one glove for both methods?
- Yes, if you have
more than one method of drawing, we would suggest getting a separate glove for
each. It would be a good precaution.
- Should SmudgeGuard® be worn snug?
- SmudgeGuard® should feel snug and comfortable. But it should not feel tight nor restrictive. If you experience any discomfort, discontinue use immediately. Let us know your concerns and you can exchange it for a bigger size or get a complete refund of the purchase price within 30 days of your order date.
- How is the quality?
- Please note that
the SmudgeGuard® glove is NOT a mass produced item. It is a high quality item that is hand-sewn with the utmost care and precision. Surprisingly, it is more difficult to sew for smaller items than for larger items because it takes more time and attention to sew around the finer details.
We also take the time to check each and every glove to make sure it passes the
quality control standards.
- I noticed that the size guide says to place your right hand palm down on the ruler with the index finger against zero inches. But if I am left-handed, shouldn't I measure my left hand?
- Yes, you may choose to measure your left hand as well. Most of the time, the left and right hand measure almost the same so we just chose to measure the "right hand" because it's easier to place the right index finger against zero inches of the ruler. But you may choose either your left or right hand to measure.
- If I get the wrong size, would it be easy to exchange?
- Yes! Just call or email us and we'll take care of it immediately!
Please note that your satisfaction is VERY important to us. We will do our very
best to serve your needs and to make your experience with us the best.
- I would like to pay extra for faster delivery service. Do you provide faster delivery service via Fedex or UPS?
- If you would like to pay extra for faster delivery service, that would be no problem at all. However, we only use U.S.P.S.
Priority Express Mail Service or U.S.P.S. Priority Mail. If you're interested in these two options, please e-mail us.
- Do you deliver to APO addresses?
- Yes! We certainly DO deliver to APO addresses! =)
- Can I order by telephone?
- At this time, we can only process your order via mail order or via PayPal.
- Do you ship to Spain?
- No, unfortunately, we do not ship to Spain anymore. But if you're interested, we have 2 resellers in Spain. Please check our SG Resellers. Thanks!
- Do you ship to Brazil?
- No, unfortunately, we do not ship to Brazil anymore due to
too many packages getting lost or stolen. :( I'm currently trying to find a reseller in Brazil. But
we have no luck. If you know of any store in Brazil that carries Wacom tablets and may consider stocking SmudgeGuards,
please let us know and we can contact them directly. But in the meantime, you can
check our SG Resellers to see if they can ship to Brazil directly. Thanks!
- Do you ship to the following countries of United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Egypt or Iran?
unfortunately, we do not ship to these countries anymore. But if you're
interested, we have a Distributor for these specific areas. Please check our SG Resellers. Thanks!
- Can SmudgeGuard® be used to eliminate charcoal
smudges from my paper drawings?
- SmudgeGuard® was not
designed to eliminate charcoal smudges on your paper drawings.
The SG can only eliminate pen ink and graphite from #2 pencils (off of the hand). So please
continue to use caution when drawing on paper with charcoal.
- Once I place an order, will I get any kind of confirmation?
- Yes! Once you place your order,
we will send you an email confirmation. So please kindly make sure your email
address on your PayPal account is up to date.
- I love the SmudgeGuard® and I'd be happy to help you promote it. How may I help?
- I'm truly
touched by all the generous and kind offers of help! Thank you so much for
asking! =) I'm not too sure of how to promote, but here's a list below, of
what some of my customers have done in the past to help...
Create a YouTube - "How to" video
wearing the SG.
2. Suggest or talk
about SG in social sites that you belong to.
3. Create more awareness about SmudgeGuard® by spreading the word to all your friends, family, teachers and colleagues.
4. Suggest it to your School Bookstore!
Actually, one customer of mine, showed the SG glove to their school bookstore
manager and within minutes, decided it would be a helpful addition to their art
students. So maybe, if you show it to your own school store, they would consider
stocking SG's too!
Thanks so much for all your great support! I REALLY appreciate it! Sincerely, Jeannie Lit
- If I have a YouTube video (wearing the
SmudgeGuard®), would you like to see it?
- OF COURSE! We would love to see
ALL of our cool customer's YouTube videos! NO DOUBT! =)
So if you have a YouTube video showcasing your beautiful artwork along with the SmudgeGuard®, please let us know and we might even showcase your video here on our site too!
Also, if you have pictures of yourselves wearing the SmudgeGuard®, drawing on your
paper or tablets, we would love to see pictures of that too! If you're not shy,
we could even post it up onto our site
as well! So just send it on over by email! =)
Click Here to Buy SmudgeGuard® Now!